AIST is vigorously involved in the following research activities to promote and implement the New Growth Strategy of Japan:
- Research and development aimed at realizing coexistence of economy and environment and improvement of quality of life.
- Research and development for the new measurement standards and precise geological information of Japan.
AIST aims to recruit motivated researchers competent in these innovative research fields.
We provide equal opportunities for the employment, regardless of nationalities and genders.
Our open recruitment for the first half of fiscal year 2014 has already been finished.
All the application documents must reach our office no later than the following time and date.
・ 5:00 p.m. on April 16, 2014 (Japan Standard Time)
Type A (Tenure-track Position, Fixed-term of five years)
- AIST seeks researchers having potential to lead the development of industrial science in a mid- and long-term perspective. Applicants should possess, or be scheduled to earn, a doctoral degree before the day of employment. The presentation date of the degree should be after April 2, 2007. Applicants with equivalent qualification are also welcomed. The employee can move to a tenured position after undergoing a successful review on his/her performance on the job.
Furthermore, the applicants for Type A which are especially approved by employment committee may be employed for Type A (Tenure-track position, fixed-term of less than 5 years, e.g. 3 years) or Type C.
Type B (Fixed-term of two to five years)
- AIST seeks researchers who participate in various AIST projects supported by the external fund. AIST recruits many talented researchers with specialized knowledge to promote the projects. Applicants should possess, or be scheduled to earn, a doctoral degree before the day of employment. Applicants with equivalent qualification are also welcomed. The tenure evaluation will not be carried out.
Type C (Tenured Position with Age Retirement System for Mid-career Recruitment)
- AIST recruits mid-career researchers with outstanding experience in various research fields. AIST strongly expects them to be the core of research groups and to make a significant social contribution through the research projects. Applicants should possess a doctoral degree or an equivalent qualification.